Devotees of the Eb tubas have a choice between the Sovereign 980 with a smaller bell model, the 981 with the classic 19-inch bell model with the ‘John Fletcher’ leadpipe, and the 982 with carriage rings and a slightly smaller tapered leadpipe.
The glorious and famous tone of these instruments is the sound you can hear in the world’s leading brass and wind bands, who put their trust in these tubas, noted also for their free-blowing quality and projection.
The intonation of these instruments allows the organ-likes sounds of the great bands to be built on these foundations.
Many orchestral players and brass quintet tubists feel the richness of sound coupled with their dynamic range.
This makes these tubas the absolute first choice to do their job.
The Besson Sovereign Tuba EEb, 4-Valve compensating, has been a favourite of British Brass Band musicians for many years. The Besson 982 Sovereign EEb Tuba features a compensating 4 top action valve design to bring the lower register in tune plus a high position mouthpipe for the marching band and is fitted with carriage rings and a lyre holder for comfort and convenience. The Besson Sovereign 982 EEb Tuba mouthpipe is slightly narrower, to produce a brighter, clear tone. The Besson BE982 Sovereign EEb Tuba includes a case and mouthpiece.
- Bell: Adds strength and protection to bell
- Bottom Sprung Valves: Fast valve action
- Compensating System: Improves intonation of lower register
- Computerized Bell Spinning: Tonal consistency
- Construction: Excellent response and durability
- Delrin Valve Guides: For quiet action
- High Positioned Mouthpipe: Suitable for parade use
- Piston: Smooth action and non-corrosive
- Slides: Non-corrosive
- Spring Damper Set: For quieter valve action
- Valves: Non-corrosive
- Water Keys: For a perfect seal