The JP172 Tenor Horn Eb has been developed extensively over recent years and now in its fourth generation boasts a fantastic level of performance at a student price. This durable instrument performs very well both in a student and training band setting and is not out of place competing with more expensive models from some of the widely renowned brass manufacturers. The top sprung monel valves give players confidence with their smooth and free action and the instrument’s 4 water keys ensure maintenance is easy and straight forward.
The JP172 Tenor Horn Eb is very free blowing and responsive with excellent intonation and has been described by Mark Armstrong (formerly of Grimethorpe, Fodens and Black Dyke Band) as having a “great feel that promotes reassurance and stability throughout.”
The JP172 Tenor Horn Eb features a bore of .459″ and a 8″ bell for greater sound projection. Yellow Brass is used in construction throughout. A lyre box is also supplied as standard giving players everything that they need as they grow into musicians.
The JP172 Tenor Horn Eb is supplied with a JP602 mouthpiece and high quality lightweight case with backpack and shoulder straps. The case is constructed from high performing materials including YKK zips throughout and includes a small storage pocket suitable for small accessories and sheet music.
Manufactured to a high quality standard as is expected with all JP Instruments, the JP172 Tenor Horn Eb is guaranteed for 12 months against faulty manufacturing or materials and is fully tested prior to sale.
- .459 bore
- High grade (80:20) brass – For enhanced durability and resonance
- One piece bell – Professional feature for a better sound
- 4 water keys – To remove water effectively and avoid blockages
- 8″ bell – For greater sound projection
- Top sprung monel valves – For a smooth and free action
- Bell ring – For strength & resonance
- Lyre box – For those marching moments
- Available in lacquer or silver plated finish